Water Retention in Pregnancy
What you can do if your legs feel heavy and are swollen.
HEAVY LEGS? SWOLLEN ANKLES? ? CALF CRAMPS? VARICOS VEINS?
Unfortunately, normal - especially when it's hot outside, after long periods of standing and sitting.
We have up to 30% more blood in our bodies and this puts a strain on the vessels, which also become more pliable due to the hormone progesterone.
What to do?
- Alternating showers of lukewarm / cool water from the calves towards the thighs
- Cold calf compresses or rubbing the legs with a washcloth
- Exercise promotes reflux in the legs (walking, cycling)
- Vein gymnastics (foot point & flex)
- Elevate feet / legs
- Asparagus, rice, cucumbers, nettle tea
- Aloe vera gel with rosemary, lemon or lavender
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Compression stockings
June 2021 - Gravidamiga
This blog post has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“ This is not a sponsored post and it does NOT substitute a visit to a doctor.
Tell someone of us today - thank you!
and sign up for our weekly Gravidamiga Newsletter.
or check out our partner page for more general information about life in Stuttgart with an extensive blog:
Kiramiga - beyond relocation.
We love what we do and hope you love it, too.
Please support us and our work by donating us a coffee or a prosecco :-)