Benefits and Locations in Stuttgart.
Water - a familiar element
The baby was already familiar with water in the mother's womb. So no wonder why the little ones enjoy it when they are with mum and dad in extra warm water and can splash around.
Not only the feeling to be together as a family and the skin to skin contact with the baby is great, but also the stimulation of the musculoskeletal system.
And the mental receptivity is promoted, which stimulates children sensory and motor skills
During the course, parents learn handles and holding techniques and see how their baby uses the great freedom of movement in the water. With water games, songs and versatile swimming materials, even the youngest children learn to enjoy the element of water.
Most courses start from the 3rd or 4th month on and take place 6-10 weeks in a row.
Mostly there are follow-up courses that can be booked. In this way a group stays together and contacts among the children can develop.
After booking a place in one of the many courses which are offered, you should have contact to your pediatrician.
A vaccination against rotavirus (oral vaccination) before the start of the swimming course might be an option.
A Rotavirus is one of the most common causes of diarrhoea and vomiting in children`s age. Since the pathogens are very contagious, almost all children fall ill in the first 5 years of life - the most until the age of 2 years. Especially in small infants, a large amount of fluid and loss of salt due to diarrhoea caused by vomiting can quickly lead to dangerous dehydration. Therefore some paediatricians recommend such a vaccination as a prophylaxis before the first swim. It is carried out from the 6th week of life.
What do you need for baby swimming
- Swimming nappies for the baby (available in all drugstores) for example from DM - click here.
- A large towel and shower gel / soap.
- Much joy and fun
Tips from parent to parent
Leave the baby in the Maxi Cosi and change yourself first, then use the changing facilities in the swimming pool to change the baby. Otherwise you do not know where to put the baby. You can take the Maxi Cosi with you into the swimming pool area.
After the course - when getting dressed first get the baby ready and then yourself.
Here is a list of classes in Stuttgart Area
- Babyschwimmen der Stadt Stuttgart (from the 7th month until the 12th month)
- Tickets can be booked online. (10 x 45 minutes)
- 95 Euro incl. entry for the parents
Hallenbad Zuffenhausen (Hallenbad Zuffenhausen, Haldenrainstraße 31, Stuttgart (Zuffenhausen))
Leo Vetter Bad (Leo-Vetter-Bad, Landhausstraße 192, Stuttgart (Ost))
Hallenbad Sonnenberg (Hallenbad Sonnenberg, Kremmlerstraße 1, Stuttgart (Möhringen))
- Aquafun Schwimmkurse (Lehrschwimmbecken Marienhospital).
- There are courses from 4-8 monnths and from 9-12 months. (11x 30 minutes)
- 143 Euro incl. entry fort he parents
- Babyschwimmen Marienhospital Eltern/Kind Zentrum (Lehrschwimmbecken Marienhospital - 6 x 60 minutes)
- 80 Euro incl. entry (Tuesday)
Marienhospital, Hallenbad im Hochhaus (Eierstr. 55, 70199 Stuttgart)
- course from the4th month to the 12th month (8 x 45 minutes)
- 170 Euro incl. entry for the parents
Robert-Bosch-Krankenhaus, Auerbachstraße 110, 70376 Stuttgart
Phone: 07231-604 75 00
- Babyschwimmen Robert-Koch-Krankenhaus Eltern/Kind Zentrum und Stuttgart Münster (3 months-12 month /8 x 30 minutes)
- 80 Euro incl. entry
Robert Bosch Krankenhaus, Auerbachstraße 110, 70376 Stuttgart
Pflegezentrum Stuttgart Münster, Schussengasse 3, 70376 Stuttgart
- from 3 months on / 10 x 60 minutes
- 95 Euro incl. entry
Hedelfinger Str. 166, 73760 Ostfildern, Phone: +49 711 448818974
- Babyschwimmen from 3 months on / Phone +49 711 8066778
- Babyschwimmen Connys Schwimmschule: Fildorado from the 10th week on / 10 x 30 minute
- 145 Euro incl.entry
Sport- und Badezentrum FILDORADO, Mahlestraße 50, 70794 Filderstadt-Bonlanden
Have fun exploring the water together!
July 2020 - Christine Krämer
This blog post has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“
The information is translated from the German Website.
Tell someone of us today - thank you!