Baby & Mommy Shopping List
or what might be useful to have.
Baby clothes should be functional and practical at the same time and protect your darling from the weather.
- Six to eight cotton bodies (size 50/56 and 62)
- Four to six baby rompers (size 50/56)
- one or two cotton jackets
- Two pairs of baby socks or wool shoes (depending on the season)
- A babyoverall for outside (size 62/68)
- cotton hat
- A pair of winter gloves (without thumbs) if you give birth in winter
- six to eight muslin cloths (for splitting)
for Mommy: Nursing bras or tops and nursing shirts, button down shirts
Babies sleep a lot in the first few months.
For sweet dreams, we recommend the following equipment:
- Bassinet / Crib
- Cradle or bed with mattress (not too soft)
- Two waterproof cotton sheets to protect your mattress (also advisable for the stroller)
- Two molleton cloths
- Two sheets / fitted sheet
- Sleeping bag (no pillows and no extra blankets due to risk of suffocation)
- Baby rug
- Pacifier or Dummy (optional)
- Newborn diapers
- Diaper pail (with lid)
- A soft pad for diaper changes
- Wet wipes
- Baby oil
- Baby Nail Scissors
- Bath thermometer
- Hooded towel
- Washcloths (many!)
- Cream for a sore butt or nappy rashes
for Mommy: thick sanitary towels/napkins, breastfeeding pillow, cooling pads,
You need a special baby seat for the car.
- Infant carrier (Size 0/0+), please check that it is accident free and normed
- Pram / stroller
- a baby carrier (if you like) e.g. Babyborn, Manduca, Dydimos or Ergo Baby
for Mommy: a diaper bag or backpack
Mommy needs: if you are breastfeeding you need nursing pads, nipple cream and maybe nipple shields.
Baby needs: if you are not breastfeeding and for emergencies (in case there is a breastfeeding issue):
- Infant formula for babies (H0 or HA / PRE)
- Baby Bottles with teats
- Sterilizer (optional)
- bottle heater (optional)
Here is a link to the stores in Stuttgart Area.
April 2020 - Gravidamiga
This blog post has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“
Please follow us and tell someone of us today - thank you!